Year 7 Literacy & Numeracy Catch-up Premium
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up Spend 2015-2106
In 2015-2016 the allocated funding for 21 learners was £10,500. The focus was to allocate the funding in two ways:
1) To support the early development in the learning priorities of cognition in early reading and number skills for learners working at or below P7.
2) To support the cost of intensive and specific Literacy intervention and Numeracy intervention by a qualified Teacher for learners working at or above P8.
Catch up premium funding had enhanced the attainment of Year 7 pupils, with over 94 % of those working at P8 or above making good or outstanding progress and over 88% of learners working P1-P7 making good or outstanding progress in targeted areas
In 2016-2017, the Year 7 catch up funding has been estimated at £11,000 this is planned to be used on:
- Reading resources to aid access to our curriculum including continuation of the library software.
- Maths resources suitable for pupils working at below P8
- Small group plus 1-1 intensive and specific Literacy intervention and Numeracy intervention by a qualified Teacher
Further details can be found by clicking the link below.