PE and Sport Premium
Pupil PE Premium 2015-16
We have used the PE Premium money to contribute towards a range of relevant activities, equipment and projects across the school to broaden our PE offer. We have also used it to improve staff skills and expertise to deliver quality PE to our students.
* Training for Rebound Therapy – 2x weekend staff overtime
* Provide cover for PE Coordinator to attend meetings
* Membership of Active Schools Leeds – full support network, CPD, Events and Sports Calendar
* EYFs Playground – meet requirements for EYFs pupils for outdoor play
* Residentials (71 students) – opportunities for almost half the school to experience outdoor and adventurous activities in a residential setting
* Travel to sporting events /residential – hire of extra minibuses/drivers to enable students to attend wider range of events and outdoor opportunities + Dance Club to Birmingham and London for Conferences
* Extra PE equipment for new building as school expands by an extra 25 primary pupils
Attended numerous sports events around Yorkshire. A mixture of age, ability, boys and girls have represented the school at Tag Rugby, Athletics, Panathlon, Megafest, Aqua Festivals, Cricket, Sports Hall Athletics and Disability Football. Resulted in being awarded Gold standard for Active Schools this year!
This year we are going to even more competitions which will include as many children across the sites as possible.
After Christmas we will be starting Horse Riding lessons at the local Equestrian Centre with a different class going each half term.
This year we are running more residentials at Lineham Farm, Condover Hall and Howe Stean Gorge.
Purpose of funding:
The money is ring-fenced which means that schools have to spend the funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/Sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/Sport
- Participating in sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/Sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
Ofsted holds all schools accountable for how they spend the funding and the impact it has on the school. This forms part of the overall Ofsted report.